“Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul; rather, be afraid of the one who can destroy both soul and body in Gehenna'” (Matthew 10:28).
According to Jesus only fear losing our friendship with God. Holy fear leads our daily living when we:
- Express regrets to joining something that would make an intentional disciple uncomfortable
- Break off a conversation that takes an unsavory turn
- Have spiritual conversations
- Speak truth with love, especially when the issue is difficult
- Respond generously to the needs of others
Courage in little things makes our life fruitful.