Family of Faith
Family of Faith aims to support liturgical living in the home and parish.
Each week we will provide ideas to implement liturgical living in your daily life with a simple “looks like, sounds like, tastes like” format. The Family of Faith group will meet on the second Wednesday of the month at 7 pm at Little Flower. All are welcome.
This week, we celebrate our Guardian Angels: St. Francis of Assisi, St. Therese, St. Faustina, and Our Lady of the Holy Rosary.
* Drawing a picture of angels, reading about Guardian Angels
* Making sacrifice beads
* Blessing of pets at 1:45pm on October 4 in the parking lot
* Spending time before the Divine Mercy Image
* Displaying a statue of Mary in your prayer space
* Learning or saying the Guardian Angel prayer
* Listening to the Peace Prayer of St. Francis in song
* Praying the Divine Mercy Chaplet
* Praying a decade of the Rosary or an entire Rosary as a family
* Angel Food Cake!
This week we celebrate our Guardian Angels: St. Francis of Assisi, St. Therese, St. Faustina, and Our Lady of the Holy Rosary.
Tierney, Kendra. The Catholic All Year Compendium: Liturgical Living For Real Life. Ignatius Press, 2018.
Liturgical Year for Families, Diocese of Toledo, Toledo, Ohio, 2020
Monthly Meeting Resources:
- Resources for 33 Day Marian Consecration:
- Watkins, Christine. Mary’s Mantle Consecration: A Spiritual Retreat for Heaven’s Help: A Self-Guided Retreat for Busy Individuals, Families, Groups, and Parishes. Queen of Peace Media, 2019.
- Yasinski, Ken and Janelle. “Fatima Consecration Intro: 33 Day Preparation for Marian Consecration.” YouTube, 3 Sept. 2021, https://youtu.be/w99E9donz2Q.
- Gaitley, Michael E. 33 Days to Morning Glory: A Do-It-Yourself Retreat in Preparation for Marian Consecration. Marian Press, 2019.
- Sr Miriam on Hallow
- Family Litany of Saints: Create a family litany of names/special saints etc to be prayed together (ex: “Saint Joseph, pray for us. Saint Therese of Lisieux, pray for us….)
- Scripture Treasure Hunt
- Catholic Sprouts “Be a Saint” Club
- Feast Day stickers: https://holyheroes.com/products/feast-day-sticker-pack
- A book series for a good family read-aloud:
- Belanger, Nancy Carabio, and Sandra Casali LewAllen. Olivia and the Little Way. Harvey House Pub., 2008.
- Belanger, Nancy Carabio, and Sandra Casali LewAllen. Olivia’s Gift. Harvey House, 2010.
- Minihan, Adam and Haylee and David and Pamela Niles, Living Beyond Sunday: Making Your Home a Holy Place, Ascension Press, 2022
- Carrie Gress, Mering, Noelle, Baile, Kim, Theology of Home: Finding the Eternal in the Everyday: 9781505113655: Amazon.com: Books
- Carrie, Mering, Noelle, Theology of Home II: The Spiritual Art of Homemaking: Gress PhD, 9781505117004: Amazon.com: Books
Family of Faith Monthly Liturgical Living:
- Honor her legacy by helping the poor (donating to SVDP, helping someone who is sick, collecting clothes for the homeless.)
- Talk about the corporal works of mercy
- Listen to and pray the “Fragrance Prayer” by Tom Booth. She prayed this prayer every day!