Beginning in 1958, Little Flower has forged a special partnership with The Society of Saint Vincent de Paul. Recently, we have created a brand new outreach center for their impressive ministry in the ground level of the Parish House (5562 Dorr Street).
Dedicated in memory of long-time Saint Vincent de Paul servant-leader and spirited parish member Robert “Bob” Kertesz, the “Bob Kertesz Outreach Center” makes possible the substantial expansion of this vital ministry that dares to serve those among us needing assistance in daily living by making available to them and their families food, clothing, furniture. The Outreach Center is open Wednesdays and Fridays, 10am – noon.
To learn more about this remarkable ministry and to share your time, talent or treasure, please contact Saint Vincent de Paul
Members of the Society of Saint Vincent de Paul (or “Vincentians”) are men and women who earnestly strive to be Christian stewards, responding to Christ’s call by offering person-to-person service to individuals in need right here in our neighborhood.
SVDP at Little Flower Catholic Parish – At A Glance
- Food distribution to 250 or more families per month
- Holiday baskets with turkey/ham, seasonal items, clothes and toys provided to 275 families
- Financial assistance for rent, utilities, and emergency needs
- Clothing, shoes, winter coats, blankets, and household items distribution
- Home visits to those who are unable to visit the pantry
- Spiritual support to all who come to the Bob Kertesz Community Outreach Center