Caring Tree 2022
‘Tis the season to help a neighbor in need.
Little Flower’s Caring Tree Ministry helps our St. Vincent de Paul neighbors each Christmas season. This year, the need is great to help those right here in our community.
Because of your generosity, these families will be able to experience the beauty, wonder and magic of this special holiday season.
If you would like to support this worthy cause, there are multiple ways you can participate in the Caring Tree Ministry.
- Beginning November 19th and 20th, you can select an ornament(s) off of the Christmas trees located inside each of the entrances to the parish. Each ornament is labeled with a gift. You’ll have two to three weeks to shop for those gifts, wrap them, attach the label* from your ornament, and return them back to the church.
- You can also select an ornament from the virtual Caring Tree list, which you’ll find right here. This works the same way as the ornaments on the trees at church, it’s just a little easier if you prefer to select gifts online. You simply select an item from the virtual list, shop for the gift(s), wrap them, and return to the church. Please place a sticky note with the entire description you received in your confirmation email atop your wrapped package(s). *
- You’ll also see envelopes on the trees at the church entrances marked “Caring Tree Donations”. If you’d like to support this cause, but prefer not to shop, this is a way you can help. These donations are used to purchase any remaining gifts that are not selected from the trees or the virtual list. Please note these are not cash gifts given to our St. Vincent de Paul neighbors.
*It is incredibly important to include the label on the wrapped gifts, as this helps us identify who the gift belongs to. If you select multiple gifts to buy, please place a separate label on each package you are returning.
Caring Tree Timeline
Ornament selection begins November 19th and 20th, and ornaments will be available before and after all masses.
The virtual list is now available online.
You can also select ornaments at church the weekend of November 26th and 27th.
Gift return begins the weekend of December 3rd and 4th. Volunteers will be collecting wrapped and labeled gifts 30 minutes before and after each of the weekend masses. You may drive up to the doors closest to the O’Grady Community Center and a volunteer will greet you to collect your gifts.
Final gift drop-off is the weekend of December 10th and 11th. Volunteers will be collecting wrapped and labeled gifts 30 minutes before and after each of the weekend masses. You may drive up to the doors closest to the O’Grady Community Center and a volunteer will greet you to collect your gifts.
Caring Tree Questions
If you have any questions or concerns, or if you need assistance with the return of gifts, please email [email protected] or contact one of the committee members below.
- Patty Pawlaczyk – 419.304.6157
- Darla Pawlaczyk – 419.460.5321
- Maria Theis – 419.290.2036
A huge thank you for your generous support of this important ministry. We couldn’t do this without the kindness of our parishioners. Because of you, the holidays will shine a little brighter this year. Thank you and Merry Christmas!